Friday, April 25, 2008

Videos!

Of course, Youtube plays a part in my life for finding videos and sharing content. I'm not a heavy user, but it's great for finding video footage of just about anything. The other sites listed worked as well, although I found most of them difficult to navigate and choked with mostly low-quality footage.

The most popular channels on the pay-per-hit sites were those with scantily-clad women, leading me to wonder about the downside of user-driven content. Also, most of the videos were slow to load and buffer, which may be due to the library's connection speed or heavy traffic on the sites.

As for library relevance, the how-to videos and informational shorts, such as the science video sites can certainly help patrons find the info and materials they need. However, videos with audio will require headphones in the library.

Some of the good educational videos I found in my exploration: "Just the Facts" on blip.tv, a production of factcheck.org, which checks political accusations for accuracry: http://justthefacts.blip.tv/?utm_source=featured_ep&utm_medium=featured_ep#862063

Also, the humorous culinary advice from Pro at Cooking on Revver.



I love that Science Hack verifies the science vids on their site and I chose this educational clip on green energy:

Fatal Attraction: Birds and Wind Turbines

No comments: