Friday, April 4, 2008

Reading Networks

I had fun playing around with Library Thing and Goodreads. Although I already had a Library Thing account, I hadn't used it much. Like most of the 2.0 sites, I will have to spend much more time with them before I get a true idea of all the possibilities and limitations.

Library Thing has a more attractive format and allows tags to get organize books, however I get the feeling that it represents your personal library and not all the books you've read. I generally don't buy books unless I know I'll read them a million times and can get them at a low price. The public library serves most of my reading needs.

Goodreads makes it a little easier to find books, since they list many editions together, though not all. Sometimes I had to use the Amazon search to find what I needed. I felt like this site had more possibilities, although I haven't had a lot of time to explore either.

I set up a Goodreads account at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1056173
Hopefully I'll have time to play with this more and interact with other users.

No comments: