Tuesday, April 1, 2008

del.icio.us tags

At first I felt a bit skeptical about the virtues of social bookmarking, but I'm definitely warming up to the idea as I hear more about it. It would be extremely convenient for me to access my links from other computers, especially when I'm writing papers at school and would like to find all the research sites I'd bookmarked at home.

I scanned through the isdesk account and found some interesting sites. One of the more popular ones was the complete works of Darwin online. When I scrolled down the list of comments, most people just described the site, but a few comments said, "W00t!" and "I'll never have to go to the library again!" Ah, no.

Although, I can see how del.icio.us tags can become sprawling monsters in the way of favorites folders, it at least offers a system of organization, if you can think of the right tags. Certainly a great resource and something I will use in the future for myself.

No comments: